The Harrisonburg-Rockingham Emergency Communications Center (HRECC) seeks enthusiastic and responsible applicants who are able to perform mission critical tasks simultaneously and accurately.
Selected candidates for the career of ECC Communicator will serve as part of the vital link between the public needing assistance and the emergency services provider in the field. This professional workplace offers:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Paid classroom and on the job training
- Support from a dedicated team of skilled professional co-workers
- The opportunity to provide a vital service to the community
- The chance for personal and professional growth
Download the HRECC Candidate Information Packet for salary and benefit details.
Steps of the HRECC Hiring Process
It is important for the HRECC to recruit, hire and retain the best candidates for this vital link to public safety. In order to do so the ECC employs a multi-faceted hiring process. The process can take up to 8-12 weeks to complete. The hiring process consists of:
- Online application
- Personal history statement
- Pre-screening of applicant
- Hiring test
- Panel interview
- Credit Check
- Complete background screening
- Medical physical
- Drug screening
- Psychological screening
- Candidates with previous experience in an Emergency Communications Center may be considered for a higher compensation rate. Download the Candidate Information Packet for details.
Now is the time to become part of a state of the art facility and to make a difference in Public Safety and Emergency Communications.
Questions and inquiries may be directed to Dee Dee Sencindiver at 540-432-6150 or email@example.com.
The HRECC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
[828KB] Candidate Information Packet
[187KB] Hiring Pamphlet